The lumbar region is the area of the spine that is more stressed than the rest. Lifting heavy weights, long-term restless postures, weakened muscle corsets - all this can lead to periodic complaints of back pain. However, if the pain is sharp, as if shooting from the lower back during exercise, and especially bending of the body, this is a reason to seek medical attention immediately.
Back pain during bending can be a signal of more serious problems with the body that require emergency care. In the absence of professional treatment, this unpleasant symptom can eventually lead to a dangerous increase in associated diseases of the spine and internal organs.
Possible causes of back pain during bending
There are many reasons for the increase in back pain during body flexion. First of all, the pain syndrome in this area is differentiated into primary and secondary.
Direct primary back pain is caused by soft tissue diseases or problems with the spine in this area. Can be:
- back injuries (impacts, falls, bad turns, twists);
- intervertebral hernia;
- vertebral or intervertebral disc displacement;
- osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral region, radiculopathy;
- myositis, tuberculosis, lumbar polio.
Secondary pain is reflected by other organs and is thus transmitted to the lumbar region. In this case, we can talk about diseases of the genitourinary system, intestinal system.
Low back pain during bending can also be a warning of an improper lifestyle or inadequate physical activity in this area. Prolonged stay in one position (sedentary work, long rides), lack of sports activity or, conversely, can be associated with overwork in the gym.
When should you see a doctor immediately?
Trying to cope with the pain, as well as enduring severe pain, is unacceptable. However, in some cases with severe back pain, you should see a doctor immediately. O:
- recent injury to the lumbar region or spine;
- an increase in body temperature in parallel with an increase in pain;
- acute pain lasting less than a few hours (days);
- numbness in the legs, lower back;
- movement and coordination disorders;
- urinary or fecal incontinence.
Which doctor treats lower back diseases?
Often, a person is not sure exactly what is causing the back pain to worsen during bending. In this case, it is better to contact a therapist, talking about the nature and conditions of the pain. Based on their professional skills, the doctor will hire a specialist with a narrower profile, if necessary.
Types of diagnostics
Diagnostic methods to determine the root cause of pain syndrome are multifaceted. This allows the trigger for low back pain to be identified as accurately as possible, treats it, and provides the person with complete freedom of movement.
- blood and urine tests;
- Ultrasound examination of internal organs;
- Magnetic resonance imaging;
- CT examination.
To achieve maximum effect and increase the positive outcome of treatment, several approaches are used to treat low back pain at the same time. O:
- Drug treatment. Includes a variety of oral medications (analgesics, muscle relaxants, chondroprotectors, vitamins), anti-inflammatory and analgesic ointments and gels, injections, drug stains.
- Physiotherapy procedures (SWT, magnetotherapy, electrophoresis, acupuncture, darsonvalization).
- A dietary compliance.
- Bed rest, restriction of movement, wear a corrective corset.
- Physiotherapy. This therapy works best when back pain is caused by weak muscles and lack of physical activity.
- Manual therapy and massage courses. Taking such courses is generally a cure for the whole body, and the pain in the spine in the hands of a specialist is eliminated very quickly.
- Surgery. This is an extreme measure in the treatment of low back pain - the basis for surgery are serious diseases in this area that can not be treated with any other disease.